2019 - a new year begins! Based on what some astrologists say, its a year for us to be more open, socialize more and extend our circle of friends. Well, that's what Kizomba Seattle is about: dancing, learning, socializing and becoming part of our community. Now that you're all rested from New Year's celebrations, here's what's in store for January:
Don't forget to add your events/classes to the www.hurryout.com calendar to reach others not on facebook.
January 4 - 1st First Fly Friday with the drop-in beginner lesson ($16 includes dance) at 9:00 by Frances and Dance ($10) from 10:00p-1:30a with DJ Isaias
January 6 - Kizomba Cafe begins in the main ballroom at the Century Ballroom: A monthly afternoon social with DJ Farenji which starts with an int/adv lesson by Frances from 12nn to 1pm and dance ($8) from 1 - 3:30pm
January 13 - Urban Kiz Social at Dance Underground with Lesson and Guided Practice ($12 includes Dance): 7:00pm - 8:00pm and Dance ($8) from 8:15pm - 11:00pm
January 16 - 3rd Saturday Late Night Kizomba 11pm - 1:30am with DJ Farenji (Cover $7)
WEEKLY CLASSES, PRACTICAS, BOOTCAMPS
* Monday Night Practica from 7:30pm to 10:00pm [Check Kizomba Seattle on facebook for the location ]
* Kizomba privates Frances - contact her directly for privates.
* Kizomba on Wednesdays at 7pm and 8pm in Salsa N Seattle with Mario with a weekly practica following.
* Tuesdays with JR and Emily at Suenos de Salsa 8:30pm followed by a Practica at 9:30pm
* Wednesday classes with Carmen and Dennis at Salsa con Todo at 7pm (check www.salsacontodo.com)
* Friday Dropin Kizomba at Salsa Con Todo 9pm followed by their weekly dance with DJ Wet ending at 1:30am [except for 1st Fridays]
Welcome to Kizomba Seattle! This is where you will find information about events, classes and other things Kizomba in the Seattle dance community. We also have a facebook page where you will be able to connect locally to other kizomba dancers and to other pockets of Kizomba dance enthusiasts in the US and around the world. Explore the site and don't forget to join our Kizomba Seattle group on facebook.
"An embrace means I don't feel threatened by you, I'm not afraid to be this close, I can relax, feel at home, feel protected and in the presence of someone who understands me. It is said that each time we embrace someone warmly, we gain an extra day of life."
A quote from Paul Coelho (one of my favorite authors) that describes for me what dancing kizomba is like.
Friday, January 4, 2019
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment