We went from having a dance once a month to 3 additional venues: Limelight on Monday (rotating with salsa and bachata), Tuesday night practice, Bachata Dance on Wednesdays and Last Friday at Waid's. Kizomba is also being played at other dance socials to change up the pace: at the Century Ballroom on some salsa nights, at the Salsa Con Todo Social on Friday nights.
Kizomba class series continue to be hosted by the Century Ballroom. Classes offered; Kizomba 1, Kizomba 2 and Kizomba Lab.
Kizomba was featured in the Seattle Salsa Congress this past Thanksgiving and there was great turnout and support for the dance.
Seattle hosted some great kizomba instructors who helped us to learn and grow: Joao Rocha, Mafalda Amado, Oscar BA, Eddy Vents, Sara Lopez, Albit Rojas and last (though certainly not least) Kwenda Lima.
With the year coming to a close and the holidays fast approaching here's what's left and what to look forward t in 2013:
- Kizomba Lab on 12/16: Musicality and Debugging the Saida
- Kizomba Practice on Tuesday 12/18 (last one of the year!)
- Ivo Vieira and Shani Mayer in Seattle Feb. 1 - 3, 2013
- Seattle Kizomba Semba Camp Mar. 22 - 24, 2013
- Iris Di Brito Apr 20 - 21, 2013 (TENTATIVE)
- Petchu and Vanessa in July 20 - 21, 2013 (TENTATIVE
Happy Holidays and see you out dancing!