In this step by step plan, there is room for interpretation and adaptation. I do not say this to "hedge my bets" or sound wish-washy. Often when I read a step by step plan, I realize that there are things that might be missing or different for me because of my circumstances. My experience as a project manager has taught me this truth: changes in the plan are ALWAYS inevitable. Think about it, in a venture like this one as you are also learning and growing, how could there not be changes? What's important is having a plan that allows for the changes and adaptations. The plan should also point out unknowns and risks so that you can tackle them as you see fit. Part of the change that the goals you set will also change as results and events unfold. Make sure to check-in with yourself from time to time because its easy to forget who you are and what you want out of your venture into starting a dance community.
STAGE 1: Passion and Goals
- Love the dance
- Learn the dance
- Talk as many people as you can: People who have started communities, teachers, promoters, other dancers, local businesses.
- Envision what you would like to see in your community and your place in it.
- Don't forget to create your own support
- What's your Goal?
- Classes for learning
- A Place to Dance regularly
- Getting the dance and music out there: showing off what the dance is like and getting more people interested.
- A Blog, a Facebook Page, a Video Channel, a Podcast ...
- How to Sustain the Dance
- What is Your Role
- Stay in Touch and Check-in
NEXT UP: STAGE ONE - Passion and Goals